We have our own Panoramic X-ray machine.
As the name suggests a Panoramic X-ray makes a half circle from ear to ear to produce a panoramic two dimensional representation of all your teeth to give an overall picture of your teeth and jaw bones in one X-Ray film.
Where the bite-wing or peri-apical X-ray film allow us to see small areas of your mouth; the Panoramic X-ray film allows us to see a “panoramic” single picture view of your entire oral cavity, teeth and jaws, all at one time.
This “panoramic” view of your oral cavity is accomplished by rotating the X-ray film around your head for about 12 seconds. It is important that you remain as still as possible during these 12 seconds to obtain a total angle view for a high quality picture. You will be positioned erect between the x-ray source and the film. Correct position of the head is very important for a good picture.
Our Panoramic machine can also take specialized TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) X-ray’s.
This Panoramic X-ray is especially effective in following situations:
- View and diagnose fractures of the teeth and/or jaws when it is difficult to open your mouth
- View development, position, and eruption of primary teeth so we can see all your child's baby teeth and permanent teeth at one time
- For individuals who have difficulty holding x-ray films in their mouth
- Diagnosing Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) dysfunction or Jaw joint Problems
- Viewing impacted wisdom teeth
- Detecting presence of bone or gum diseases
- Diagnosing early signs of oral cancer
- Discovering cysts and tumors
- Surveying the sinus region
- Discovering stones in the salivary glands
- Examining trauma patients
- Obtaining baseline data for long term dental health
- Diagnostic data for referring dentist to use
- Identification in case of an accident
- Provide valuable information about signs of Alveolar bone loss
- Evaluation for full or partial removable dentures, dental implants, or braces.
- Alternative for those who can not tolerate other types of films and have sensitive gagging reflex